Florida Mini-Tour

In mid-March I'm looking to drive down through Florida for about a week while working on a writing project and a separate film project. As long as I'm traveling through one of my favorite states in the union I'd like to find venues for speaking engagements.

I have two presentations to offer (tailored for the venue and audience) that would be of interest.

First, I love talking to groups of my fellow foodies about hunting deer for food and about how adult beginners can start doing this. Through my classes and one-on-one instruction I have taught hundreds of people how to hunt for food and my recent book, 'The Beginner's Guide to Hunting Deer for Food', has built on that and reached thousands of other new hunters. I've taught workshops for Slow Food chapters, spoken to industry groups and university classes and I'm happy to come speak to any organization with members who are interested in reaching for the ultimate in local food.

Second, I have spent most of the last two years hunting and fishing for invasive species around the US and the Caribbean for my forthcoming book, 'Eating Aliens' (launching with Storey Publishing this August), and I think it is probably safe to say that I now have broader experience on this subject that anyone else in the world. I've taken a lot of photographs and video along the way and now I have a really fun multimedia presentation to give that incorporates a lot of this material. Any organization with a focus on local food, environmental stewardship, or hunting would benefit a lot from spending a few hours with me on this subject.

Interested persons should email me at jack.landers@gmail.com to discuss details.

[Photo copyright 2011 by Helenah Swedberg.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Hunting Blog All Rights Reserved.