Butchering Workshop, Feb. 18th

On Saturday, February 18th, I'm conducting a butchering workshop at my home in Albemarle County, VA. I'll have a freshly killed deer and everyone in attendance can participate in gutting, quartering, and completely butchering the deer. Or just observe, if you prefer.

We will do a little bit of cooking as well. This is not my complete two day intensive deer hunting class -- all we will be covering here is DIY butchering. The techniques I will teach can be applied just as easily to goats, pigs, etc.

The butchering methods you will learn are tailored to the amateur home butcher. You will learn how to completely break down a deer-sized animal into meat using only knives. No gambrel, no saws, no expensive equipment or special facilities.

Anyone thinking about keeping goats or pigs for meat can benefit from this workshop, as can both experienced and novice hunters. Or maybe you'd just like to know that you have this experience under your belt, just in case it comes in handy some day.

We're looking at a 1 pm start time, though this might have to be adjusted a bit. We will probably wrap up at around 5 pm.

The cost is $100 per person, with a 25% minimum deposit to reserve a spot. Enrollment is limited to ten people. To reserve a space, or if you have any questions, please email me at jack.landers.gmail.com

[This photo is not my copyright. Unfortunately I do not seem to have the name of the photographer who took this at one of my venison workshops with Slow Food NYC, but if I am happy to credit him if he will contact me.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Hunting Blog All Rights Reserved.