My Pig Article in Slate Magazine

Photo copyright 2011 by Jackson Landers
My latest article for Slate just posted! This time I'm writing for them about my specialty, which of course is hunting invasive species.

The anecdote about the Bush family's vacation house is totally real, by the way. That happened in the town of Boca Grande on Gasparilla Island. George Cera and I were cruising around in a golf cart with air rifles, looking for black spiny-tailed lizards. Suddenly we were right there in front of Marvin Bush's house staring at a lizard and trying to be low-key about the long guns that we were toting. I don't know whether any of the family was there at the time but in either case I was amazed that the Secret Service didn't surround us.

Coming up in mid-September on Slate will be something a little bit different from what I've written about in the past either here or for Slate. I'm going to be looking at the evolutionary history of tasting like chicken.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Hunting Blog All Rights Reserved.