Talking Man-Eaters in Slate

Photo copyright 2012 by Jackson Landers
My first article for Slate magazine just went live this evening. I seem to be making a transition from being the content into writing it.

This was one of those pieces that I wrote right here as a blog entry and then decided to hold it back from y'all for a few days while it looked for a nicer home. I've been geeking out about man-eating animals on this blog for years and I love having a bigger platform for my dorkery this time.

The headline on Slate makes me sound almost bloodthirsty, so I want to clarify that I'm not happy about the need to kill wild animals that eat people. Nor does any of what I have written necessarily apply to captive animals that attack humans. That situation comes with a whole different set of ethical questions.

Meanwhile, I hate posting a blog entry without a photo. So here is a completely random picture of my kids with a nice clutch of snake eggs that they found.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Hunting Blog All Rights Reserved.